Get away from it all in the Great Smoky Blue Ridge Mountains!
Recommended Area Links:
Surrounded by Six National Forests
Minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway
White Water Rafting
Skiing, Fishing, Hiking, Sightseeing
Enjoy the Mountains of North Carolina
Relax and stay in our cabin, recharge...let the Appalachian's sink in
Line Runner Ridge Cabin
Tuck your family into the Two Bedroom Cabin. Sip a drink on the deck and watch the sun set before dinner and settle down with the glow of the wood stove...
Relax, you are in the mountains now....
Table Rock State Park
Table Rock Mountain provides a towering backdrop for an upcountry retreat at the edge of the Blue Ridge Escarpment.
This 3,083-acre state park encompasses challenging Hiking Trails, two park lakes, a campground, rustic mountain cabins, meeting facilities and many other quality outdoor activities.
The view at Table Rock is as breathtaking today as it was to the Cherokee Indians who once inhabited this area.
Built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps, the park still features many of the quality architecture and stonework of the CCC.
The park is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is also a South Carolina Heritage Trust Site.
* Lake Location: Yes
* Designation: Table Rock State Park was developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), a New Deal Program created by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The program was designed to provide employment during the Great Depression while addressing national needs in conservation and recreation.
The CCC was instrumental in the development of many of South Carolinaís state parks. A number of buildings built by the CCC in the 1930's are still in use at this park.
The park is listed on the National Register.
* County (ies): Pickens
* Acreage: 3083
* When & How PRT Acquired: In 1935, 2,860 acres were donated by Pickens County and the City of Greeville. In 1975 to 1976, 208 acres were purchased from various owners. In 1991, 15 acres were donated by Elizabeth Ellison.
* Pets: Pets are not allowed in the cabins or the cabin areas. Pets are allowed in most other outdoor areas provided they are kept under physical restraint or on a leash not longer than six feet.
* Tour and Programs Information: Table Rock is a "DiscoverCarolina Site", which provides curriculum-based science education programs for South Carolina school children.
* Admissions: $2 age 16+; $1.25 SC Seniors; age 15 and younger free
* Office Hours: M-Su 8am-6pm
* Days and Hours of Operation: Sun-Thurs. 7am-7pm (extended to 9 pm Friday and Saturday)
During Daylight Savings Time hours are 7 am-9 pm Sun-Thurs (extended to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday).
* Driving Directions:
From I - 385: Take exit 40A onto Hwy 291 N and drive 1.5 mi. Bear to the left onto Wade Hampton Blvd/Hwy 29/Hwy 291. Continue for 3 mi. At the sixth red light bear to the rt onto Hwy 276. Continue for 11 mi. Turn left onto Hwy 288 and drive 9 mi. Turn right at intersection of Hwy 288 and Hwy 8. Continue 5 mi to Hwy 11, then turn left. Continue on Hwy 11 for 3 miles to Table Rock State Park. The Park Headquarters will be at Ellison Lane which will be the first entrance to your left when you reach the park.
From I-85: (south from Atlanta): Take exit 21B onto Hwy 178 towards Liberty. Stay on Hwy 178 for 51 miles through the towns of Liberty and Pickens until the intersection of Hwy 11. Turn right on Hwy 11. Drive 4 mi. to second entrance on the right. Turn right on Ellison Lane. Park Headquarters will be on your right.
From I-85: (north from Charlotte): Take exit 51A onto I-385 N. Drive 9 miles towards Greenville, take exit 40A onto Hwy 291 N and drive 1.5 mi. Bear to the left onto Wade Hampton Blvd/Hwy 29/Hwy 291. Continue for 3 miles. At the sixth red light bear to the right onto Hwy 276. Continue for 11 miles on Hwy 276. Turn left onto Hwy 288 and drive for 9 miles. Turn rt at the intersection of Hwy 288 and Hwy 8. Continue for 5 mi to the intersection of Hwy 8 and Hwy 11, then turn left. Continue on Hwy 11 for 3 miles to Table Rock State Park. The Park Headquarters will be on Ellison Lane which will be the first entrance to your left when you reach the park.
* Miles to Nearest Hospital: 16
* Miles to Nearest Town: 12
* Miles to Nearest Grocery Store: 12
* Pay Phone on Site: Yes
* Charleston, SC: 248
* Columbia, SC: 135
* Florence, SC: 216
* Greenville, SC: 30
* Charlotte, NC: 126
* Raleigh, NC: 263
* Atlanta, GA: 160
* Augusta, GA: 137
Ready to book?
1> Check our Availability 2> Book your Cabin Stay